About Us

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Summer of Service and Leadership is a program offered to students of Chicago Public Schools. It allows us to experience and learn more about our community all while having fun. The students that participate aren't just Kelvyn Park High School students. It started off with our Freshman Connection program and branched out to the leaders of schools all over Chicago. As a student, I hope to learn more about my community and about the interesting lives that are taking place around me. Also, Karina would like to learn to open her mind to the community and to learn new things from the interesting people we meet throughout the summer. -Karina and Crystal

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Fun Greenhouse

We went to a natural green house and I got to help plant and pull out the weeds and other plants. It was ok but a lot of work. Other people were making posters. This was at Kilbourn and Addison. We got to know some of the people that worked there like Lupe. She was very nice and she told me that she's been working there for six weeks. Kirsten has worked there for four years. She told us that the garden wasn’t there four years ago. I got to taste some mint. It was good till the end. At the end it was strong. They let us take some home. It was fun working in the garden. At the end of the day I got to play with water and wet Sasha in the face. I got to see a small garden snake in a barrel. It was so fun.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment