There were around 15 senior citizens all waiting for our arrival, some were watching T.V., others where seated at the tables or in rooms. The room itself wasn't that big, it only had a few tables and couches along with some furniture.
I have never imagined working with senior citizens, I always thought it be a difficult job and boring, but it was the opposite. They were all very welcoming and friendly. There was one who stood out: his name was Russel and he LOVED to talk and tell us how much he liked our company.
The experience was amazing. There was a cabinet in the corner close to the entrance that held games which we went and took out so we could play. I got to play BINGO with all the senior
It was really interesting because we all got to meet new amazing people and Nykia even got the chance to cook, how cool is that?! We were all very happy and appreciative with everyone. We had a blast. I even heard that Nykia was so excited she accidently burnt a piece of bread! But in the end the cooking group pulled through and the B.L.T.s were delicious! It was so cool and fun, we loved it there are really no words to describe how amazing this experience was for all of us!
Nykia and Miriam
No comments:
Post a Comment